Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Outfit Post - eShakti

I'm back with an outfit post (finally right?).  I was contacted a couple of weeks ago by eShakti to do a review of an item from their new spring line.  I jumped at the chance, of course! It was actually really hard for me to chose which dress I wanted to get this time around.  So many great colors and silhouettes offered on their site right now. Not sure if you remember what happened last time I got a dress from them. I got in a custom size and it was way too big on top (cue sad music). So, this time I opted for a standard size and just got a shorter hem length. I picked a size smaller than I would normally wear based on the sizing they had listed for the item.  It fits MUCH better than last time and the dress is a nice material as well.

To summarize, look at the size measurements on the website and be wary of ordering the custom size.  The dress is a nice material and looks well made so it is worth the price in my opinion.

4.1.13 001

4.1.13 006

4.1.13 007

4.1.13 009

Outfit Details:
Dress - c/o eShakti
Cardigan - Old Navy from a couple years ago
Tights - Target
Shoes - Forever 21
Coat - H&M

I also wore this dress to another Third Thursday at the MIA. This night didn't have a particular theme since it was the opening party for their "More Real: Art in the Age of Truthiness" exhibition.  The exhibition was really well put together but that kind of art isn't really my scene so I'm not the right person to give an opinion on it.  I guess I just don't "get" most modern art.  Show me creativity or talent that went into your work and I will appreciate it but I might not understand it. The activities they had planned were fun as usual such as free haircuts, making paper cameras and live music.  I made a Vine with some of the art that we saw there. Check it out here! I also had to pose with the old-fashioned paper camera I made :)

4.1.13 013

I hope you are all having a lovely week. I've been getting ready for my cousin's baby shower I'm hosting this weekend and starting to get everything planned/situated/booked for my trip. I'll be there in less than a month now! Needless to say, I've been pretty crazy but I'm going to try to keep things going around here the best I can!

2 comments:

  1. I like the dress you picked! I know some folks have had luck with the custom sizing and some haven't - I'm glad the standard sizing worked out better for you than the last time!


    I can't believe your trip is soooo close! Very jealous of you!

    ReplyDelete