Monday, December 27, 2010

Ode to Minnesota

aka first ever outfit post!
I am still trying to figure out how I want this blog to look and how to make it stand out. I really want to represent my state, city and self on this blog so I'm hoping to be brave and shoot some cool photos all around my city. Minneapolis (and St. Paul I guess) have so many great buildings and monuments and I can't wait to show it off. So, look for more Minneapolis in posts to come but for now, you get the inside of my condo. Instead, I thought my first outfit should represent Minnesota...part lumberjack mixed with practicality and warmth :)
Great story about this plaid shirt. I was in the goodwill and this shirt said, "Hi Erin! Want to take me home? I know you've been looking all over for a plaid shirt." I said that I had indeed been looking for such a shirt but sadly the shirt couldn't come home with me because he was missing most of his buttons. So, I did something I didn't think I would ever do, let alone in a thrift store. I asked for money off. GASP! I know. The shirt was like 3.99 and I complained that since it was missing most of the buttons, I shouldn't have to pay full price. Full price? ha! I felt like I was stealing money out of those red buckets right in front of the friendly bell ringer (I have issues). Long story long, I did get a dollar off the shirt. I ended up taking all of the buttons off and just wear it sans buttons for now. Eventually, I will sew on the buttons I picked out at Joann but that's a whole other story.
Another thing. How does one pose for these pictures? I'm totally unsure of what to do with my arms, smile/no smile, where do I put my feet? Some people are just really good at posing and not smiling without looking pissed off. I, on the other hand, missed that class and never learned how to do it. I'm hoping with some practice I can get more comfortable and be more myself in these pictures. Until then, I'm sorry. haha
red plaid shirt black dress full
See! Anger, angst and pissed off-ness. I swear I was in a good mood I just usually smile!
red plaid shirt black dress
I was actually smiling here but I cut off my own head when taking the picture.
boots

I decided to throw on my favorite hat (well one of them, anyway) to show what I would like when I actually went out in the 8 degree weather...
plaid shirt and hat

Not the best pic but you get the idea :)

Shirt - thrifted salvation army
Dress - old (not sure)
tshirt - h&m
boots - target (on sale!)
tights - old
socks - target

Just a little sneak peak at the guy behind the camera.
ace

The view through the window during this shoot was total MN.
train

P.S. I just got a remote for my camera so I'm hoping that the pictures will be much better. I'm kind of sad how crappy of a job I did!

1 comment: