Monday, January 3, 2011

I'm behind, this is from Christmas Eve

Well, my internet has been spotty at best these past two weeks. I am having trouble getting service at my condo. Due to bad weather, poor customer service and my place being made a brick I haven't been able to get internet. People are coming out to diagnose my problem (ha) and see if I can get service from them. So, for now, I'm borrowing internet from a neighbor. By borrow I mean use without their permission or knowledge. Oh well, it's only temporary (hopefully). Needless to say, I have a lot of outfits to post and no way to do it.

I have some ideas for weekly posts, let me know what you think!
1. What I actually wore to work Wednesday: I work as an audiologist in a very work casual environment and it is somewhat conservative. I would love to but can't really express my style at work. Also, I wake up at 6 and I don't really function that early. Lots of excuses but I never really feel like dressing like myself at work.
2. Thrift store Thursdays: I'm thinking of featuring my favorite local thrift stores/consignment/vintage stores. Plus, I think this would force me to find other stores that I've never been to and give you my honest opinion on them.
3. Favorite find Fridays: It is really hard to take outfit pictures during the week right now because it is dark when I leave for work and dark by the time I get home (depressing right?) so I thought I would show you some pictures of my favorite thrift gems and brainstorm with you on how I can wear them in lots of different ways (or in Kendi speak-remix the crap out of it) :)

So, I got this dress this past weekend when I went to sell some clothes back at Buffalo Exchange. I didn't sell many clothes at all but just enough to get this dress for like 10 bucks. That works for me!
owl dress brown boots

owl dress close

Aren't these owls so cute!
owl close up

Outfit Details:
Dress: Buffalo Exchange
Sweater: Old Navy (old)
Tights: Forever 21
Boots: Target
Belt: Thrifted at Salvation Army

PS. I need to figure out how to wear accessories other than this belt. In the next couple of posts, you'll see what I mean :)

No comments:

Post a Comment