Friday, January 28, 2011

Favorite Finds Friday and FBFF!

I got this shirt at the thrift store a couple of months ago. I still haven't worn it because it is a bit tight in the hips (I'm working on that!). I digress. I think this will look really cute with a high waisted skirt so get ready for it sometime soon!

Winter 2010 034_edited-1

yellow shirt close
Close up of the flower on the front. Cute right?

Now onto the questions!
1. What technology do you use in blogging? (computer, camera, videocamera, tripod, etc...) I use my laptop (Dell), tripod and my Olympus E-620 camera. In my first days of photography I had a Nikon d40. I had just bought an expensive new lens for it and then it was stolen. Sigh. When I finally went to get a new camera this fall, I had an idea of what I wanted. The Olympus was comparable to the d40 in features but it had some pluses that made me choose it over the nikon. 1) it had vibration reduction in the body. compare the camera you have (or want) to a camera with vibration reduction and you'll see what I mean. The nikon lenses have it in them but the bodies do not. This = more $. 2) it was much smaller and lighter 3) the lenses were also much smaller and lighter due to something about glass that I just nodded and smiled at :) 4) the olympus came with 2 lenses and the nikon only had one. I had just spent a ton of money on a really nice zoom lens with vibration reduction for my d40 and I knew I couldn't survive with just an 18-55 lens. So, for the same price, my Olympus came with an 18-55 and a zoom lens. Pretty sweet. It is a pain to switch back and forth but the option of having both is totally worth it. I hope this helps. Not saying I live and die by Olympus because I liked my d40 too. Just for the money it seemed like the better deal to me.

2. What computer and online technology do you use? (blogging system, photo storage, photo editing tools, etc..) I use blogger for my platform for right now. I've heard all about the wonders of wordpress but I'm still new so I'm going to stick with Blogger for right now until I learn some more. I upload all my images to flickr to post on my site. Dating an IT guy makes me also back everything up on an external hard drive as well. In terms of photo editing, I use Photoshop elements if I have some time to kill and Picnik if I'm in a hurry (which is a lot of the time). It is a really great tool and nice for me who hasn't mastered the same look in Elements yet.

3. What is your process for taking pictures? For right now I use my tripod and a remote. I just got the remote for Christmas and it is super slick. I just point it at the camera and wait. I put it on a 2 second delay so once I click it, I have time to readjust my hand how I want it.

4. When it comes to backdrops for your photos what do you consider? Do you scout locations or shoot the same spot daily? Right now I am considering warmth. The other day when I wanted to take outfit pictures it was about -15. Soooo, I am inside my condo for now. I have a ton of ideas in mind from driving around Minneapolis but it is too cold and snowy for me right now. I think once I have mastered tripod shooting or have some help taking pictures, I will venture out into the world more. I can't wait!
5. If you could splurge and get one new piece of equipment what would you be buying? Well that is tough! My tripod was actually handed down to me by my grandpa. It is still in great condition but it has some flaws. If I could, I would buy a really nice one that has easily adjustable legs and also has a ball mount for the top. I have always wanted a really nice macro lens too but one thing at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment