Thursday, March 14, 2013

Third Thursday Fashion

I totally forgot to tell you all about this great event I went to the other week. Every month the Minneapolis Institute of Arts has an event at night with a different theme called Third Thursday.  I went to a Shakesperan themed event a couple months ago that was amazing and this night was no different.  It was MN fashion week so the Third Thursday events had a fashion theme.  There was a photo booth with vintage accessories hosted by the lovely Megan and Nora of Two Birds, a band, and a fashion show! The fashion show was fantastic and featured looks styled by our local vintage and consignment stores: Mighty Swell Vintage, Blacklist Vintage, Scout Vintage, Via’s Vintage, b.resale, Rewind, Lost & Found, Buffalo Exchange, Tatters Vintage Clothing, Everyday People Clothing, B-Squad Vintage, Nu Look Consignment, and Second Debut.  I didn't get too many pictures of the fashion show itself so I took a couple from the Citypages coverage (See all of their photos here) and a couple of from the MIA Flickr page here.

  

  
My favorite looks of the night! Ali was even a model in the show!

Our fun times at the photo booth!

I met up with my friend Kate, Lori and Cambria and had a great time hanging out with them. It was my first time meeting Cambria in real life and I can't wait to hang out again! There were so many great outfits, it made me wish I had dressed up more! I also wished I had brought my blog cards because I was itching to take some photos of all the great fashion. I always feel even more awkward asking people when I don't have my cards.  I did manage to take a couple so I included them below.

3.13.13 006
The owner of Blacklist Vintage in a FAB outfit

3.13.13 012
One of the models wearing a look from Via's Vintage

3.13.13 010
Cambria with a dashing older couple

3.13.13 007
A purse that Lori loved

3.13.13 004

3.13.13 003


I hope I get to attend more fashion events like this in the future. It is so fun to see local fashion and meet others that enjoy it too. If you are interested in more information about Third Thursday or the MIA, check out their website here. Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Great photos from that event! I'm still bummed I didn't get to go, but I'm loving seeing these pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squeeee!!! This was such fun :)

    <3 Cambria

    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete