Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Thrift Week Volume 4 - Accessories on Strike

I was cleaning my place (this is rare and the impulse needs to be followed or it will disappear) and then saw the sun was setting. Then I looked in the mirror. Realized an hour or so of cleaning had left me a little... sweaty. So, I quick hopped in the shower, threw this on and went outside. I think a cute little brown/tan belt would have complimented this and maybe a necklace/earrings (plus, a belt might have helped me from looking so...wide). Why did my accessories think they didn't need to come hang out? Maybe because I neglect them all the time and their feelings were hurt. They know I'm not sure what to do with them so they went on a little strike. Well accessories, I have learned the error of my ways. I needed you for this outfit. There I said it. (and yes, I love giving inanimate objects personality and feelings...)

This top is super comfy and I've told you before the error of hemming this skirt too short because I really love the color and material. Maybe I will be brave and wear this more often in the fall or invest in a nice pair of biker shorts. Even though I think "nice biker shorts" is an oxymoron.

8.9.11b

8.9.11a

8.9.11c

Outfit Details:
Shirt - Thrifted
Skirt - Thrifted and (poorly) altered
Shoes - Target

4 comments:

  1. oranges_and_applesAugust 9, 2011 at 9:37 AM

    accessories would have been good, but its nice as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the skirt is cute, and it doesn't look too short to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this skirt is totally not too short! i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you hemmed it too short and I definitely think it would look great with tights in the fall!
    -Meaganhttp://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete