For my costume, I took the pockets off of a lab coat that I got at Ragstock. Then, I sewed black buttons on it to make it look more like an old style coat. I cut the collar off and sewed on snaps so it would close off to the side. It wasn't the best made but I think it did the job. I braided my hair into little braids but I should have done it much earlier because my hair was still wet when I went to take it out. I ended up using a lot of hairspray and it all worked out. I added a little brown eye shadow to make it look like there had been an explosion in the lab. Add black rubber gloves, goggles and a black skirt and you have your costume!
This was the part I was most looking forward to! I thrifted a bunch of different size glass jars and also used all of the ones I had laying around the house. I bought the strangest looking vegetables I could find at the store for the specimens. If I had more time or money, I would have liked to do more but I think it turned out really well. I filled the jars with water and food coloring and then added the "specimens". Behind the jar were orange colored lights behind to make them seem more eerie. I mixed in some of my old books as well. Let me know what you think! Also, if you want more specifics of what I used, let me know in the comments!
Sorry this is so blurry!