Wednesday, February 8, 2012

For the Love of Love


2.10.12c

I picked up Maria and headed over to downtown St. Paul Friday night to support our friend Emma and her fantastic poster. Emma and her two friends Bill and John made a poster to support gay marriage.  Emma is a great illustrator and designer. She is the one who drew my picture on her blog! Look for a possible future collaboration!

I'm not one to get political and I'm very open to people having their own beliefs. However, something like this is a big deal to me. I have a cousin who is gay and her wife is the sweetest person. They are even going to have a baby in a couple of months! Straight people apparently get to decide everything in this world. I don't think it is anyone's place to decide who can and can't get married. If 2 people love each other and want to commit to that person, I think they should be able to. It doesn't "ruin" marriage to let same sex couple gets married. What a load of crap.

Off of my soap box now. :) The event was a set of posters created by local artists with the theme of For the Love of Love. I loved seeing all of the different takes and the amount of creativity in the Twin Cities. I bought 2 different posters and I'll be sure to share them with you!

2.10.12a

2.10.12d
The artists in front of their poster!

love is love
Blogger gals and John.

Outfit Details:
Dress - Modcloth (on super duper sale)
Cardigan - Old Navy
Tights - Target
Shoes - Forever 21

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome event!  I can't wait to see the posters you bought, I just discovered Emma through yours and other MN gals blogs and her work is amazing! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, it was so great to see you at the show - you looked adorable! Let's talk soon about header design!

    ReplyDelete