Thursday, May 2, 2013

Vacation Guest Post - The Fashionable Adventures of Bethie the Boo

While I'm away, I've asked some of my favorite bloggy ladies to write a post for you! Don't want all of you to get lonely while I'm gone! Today we have Beth! I'm happy to know her in real life and she is just as sweet as she appears in her blog. You've probably seen her comments many times on this blog and it always makes my day when I see them! Take it away Beth!


Hello!  I’m Beth and I blog at The Fashionable Adventures of Bethie the Boo.  I’m excited to talk travel with you all while Erin is off on the trip of a lifetime!  I love to travel – I don’t get a chance to do it as much as I’d like, but I take advantage when I can!  My husband and I love going on road trips and exploring our home state.  One of our favorite places to go is Itasca State Park in Northern Minnesota.  It’s beautiful there!

The one absolute necessity for me when I travel is a good bag.  I don’t mean the suitcase or bag you’re going to pack all your belongings in, but a good traveling purse.  I usually use something much more utilitarian in nature when I travel and last year I stumbled on to quite possibly the perfect purse for traveling.  It’s from Haiku by Sharon Eisenberg and I adore it! Haiku bags are very practical – and yet they’re still stylish and cute.  They’re made of recycled materials which is an added bonus.  They have many sizes and shapes and every bag has TONS of pocket space, which is awesome for collecting little trinkets and things as you go on your travels.


The bag I have is medium sized and is called the To-Go Bag.  It has a long strap that can be worn either crossbody or shortened to be a shoulder bag.  It’s sturdy and easy to clean too.
I used this bag in Itasca this past summer and will take it there again – it was nice to sling it across my body as we explored the many hiking trails and it was still cute enough to take with me on our evening trips into town for dinner.  It’s just an all around great multi-purpose bag!

I link because I love, but definitely check Haiku out; I think you’ll be impressed with what you see!

No comments:

Post a Comment