Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Take Time Tuesday

It's been scientifically proven* that Tuesday is the worst day of the week. Monday is close enough to Sunday that you can survive on the wonderful memories from the weekend and get through the day. Tuesday has no weekend in sight and all shine of the weekend before is completely worn off. I decided last week that I'm going to take this stupid day and turn it into something positive. Are you with me so far?! Let's do this.

My plan (and yours too if you want) is to turn Stupid/Lame/Dreaded Tuesday into Take Time Tuesday. First of all, who doesn't love alliteration? I digress. Let's take some time each Tuesday to do something for ourselves or others. Living alone, you would think I have lots of time for myself. That I do but I usually waste it on looking at the internet/watching TV and not getting things done. This can really be anything you want it to be. It also doesn't have to take the whole day or evening. Take time out to do something you enjoy, make time for something you've been putting off... anything!

For the first week, I'm just going to share a list of things that I want to make more time for and you can join in by linking up below! It doesn't even have to be how you can accomplish it, just start brainstorming!

- Instead of watching TV, I want to spend that time reading instead.
- Take a bath!
- Go through my closet and get rid of stuff
- Catch up with friends but do it one on one. Maybe go out to dinner or grab a drink?
- Spend quality time with Ace. Take him for a hike or make him some homemade treats?
-  Make my place feel more like a home. Clean, organize, work on a DIY project...
- Work on my mending pile
- Skype with my sister and niece
- Cook a nice meal for myself or maybe have a couple friends over.
- Scan old photos
- Take better care of my skin. Make a homemade mask or get a facial.


As you can see, they can be any number of things. Big or small. It doesn't have to be a huge goal either and that's the beauty of it. Just something you want to spend a little more time on each week. I would love to have you share your list and join me!





1 comment:

  1. hannah @ The Braided BanditAugust 20, 2013 at 11:31 AM

    I love this idea! I totally have the tuesday slumps at work so planning some of these positive things for after work will surely help! Enjoy taking your time :)
    xo Hannah

    thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
    thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete