Friday, January 27, 2012

It's a GIRL!

I know I've told a few of you in person but my sister gave me the thumbs up to share it with all of you. I'm going to be an AUNT! My sister and her husband just found out today that it's going to be.... A GIRL!

I'm going to be planning her baby shower and thrifting clothes for her like mad. Any ideas, links, pictures of cute things on pintrest will be appreciated. I'd already started a small (gender neutral) collecting of pins but now that I know it's going to be a girl, I'm going to go nuts! I will spare you for the most part but I think I will be back Favorite Finds Friday and there might (ok yes there will) be cute baby things stuck in there.

My sister's style is WAY more preppy than mine but don't think I'm not going to sneak in some stinkin' cute vintage dresses in there. :)  I really want to make her a baby blanket and some other DIY things that will make gift giving more special.

Pinned Image

PS. I had to put these in. How cute! They are made from socks. You know baby girl will be getting one of these. :)

6 comments:

  1. Aww, congrats on being an auntie!  And even better that it's a girl!  Girl shopping is so much fun!  Those octopuses (octopi? what is the plural?) are super cute!  Pinterest is a great place for shower ideas, I've seen tons of things that friends have pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! A niece! How fun! Baby girl clothes are hard to resist...beware! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS! You must be so excited! Those octopi are so dang cute! Socks are so useful...I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog if you'd like to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm super excited. I'm going to rock the aunt thing for sure. Send me a link on twitter or something if you find a super cute idea on pintrest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I've already fallen into the trap. I did find a SUPER cute teal hand knit sweater with white buttons. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm SO excited! I will for sure show you guys if I make some of my own.

    ReplyDelete