Wednesday, March 9, 2011

30 for 30 recap and thoughts

30for30 1-6
30for30 7-12
30for30 13-18
30for30 19-24
30for30 25-30

Ok to recap my experience with my first 30 for 30...

Pluses:
-I learned what items really worked to remix and what items didn't. This will really help me shop in the future.
-I didn't shop for a month. WOW! Being a thrift store junky, this was really hard.
-I learned to be a little bit braver in some of my pairings. Even though none of my combos looked all that daring, it was a stretch to come up with that many outfits.
-I learned that I suck at accessorizing. This may not seem like a plus but it helped me realize that outfits can look totally different with different accessories. I need to get some more belts, scarves, and jewelry and really learn how to better use them.

Minuses:
-I want to throw my whole wardrobe and start from scratch. Then what would I wear?!
-This was really hard to do in the winter. Especially in MN. I felt like a wore a lot of similar outfits because I wore the same cardigan like 8 times.
-I will still do this but I felt like I compared myself to a lot of other people and realized I didn't like my clothes as much as theirs. "If I had that, my outfit would have been way cuter"

Although, it has made me excited for spring and scouring the thrift stores for some new spring pieces. On the agenda: way more dresses and skirts, maybe some shorts, florals, light/floaty items. Can't wait! Oh and we got more snow today. Oh MN, why do you hate me??

I have a couple of favorites, which were yours?

4 comments:

  1. I actually liked doing the challenge, because I feel like it is easier for me to remix my clothes. In the summer, all I want to wear are dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I can see that side of it. I just hated that I always had to throw on a sweater over an outfit where sometimes it didn't look right. I think that was the main gripe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing the challenge - it's TOUGH! Especially in MN winter - I feel ya, girl! Looks like you did a great job and learned a lot - success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the yellow?white cardigan! I have a great giveaway going on! 2necklaces and a foulard! Please, come follow me... http://desperate4fashion.blogspot.com
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete