Friday, October 7, 2011

TSNW - Who Wears Short Shorts?

Final post of Try Something New Week (unless I post this other tutorial over the weekend). Did you get to try something new this week? I would love to hear about it no matter how small!

This is a big one folks. I am wearing shorts with tights. This outfit has nothing to do with this pin or this pin at all. Nope, not one bit. One other thing, I need your advice! I have my 10 year reunion tomorrow and I have no idea what to wear. I know I want to wear something that screams me but I don't want to be too dowdy or slutty. Well, I don't really own anything slutty but you know. So, what should I wear? Any ideas would be great. You could also point me to a previous post or outfit of mine you like too. You are the best!

10.7.11a

10.7.11b

10.7.11c

10.7.11d

10.7.11e

Outfit Details:
Shirt, shorts - Thrifted
Tights - Old (Target?)
Shoes -DSW (gift)
Earrings - Etsy

11 comments:

  1. I love the outfit! :) it's very chic :)

    Not sure if it helps the reunion outfit problem, but I'm going for a buffet dinner at my university next week and planning to wear a simple black dress with printed tights - not too dowdy and not too slutty, plus the tights add a little bit of 'me' to the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to try the shorts with tights look. I love your take on it! That blouse is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't this the perfect opportunity to buy/thrift a new dress? A cute wrap dress with heels would be classic, relatively comfy, and sexy without being slutty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, this outfit is so darn cute on you! i love the tights with shorts look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been able to pull off the shorts with tights look but you are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to try the shorts with tights look out. You may have just inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes! Try something new! You have GREAT legs, I'm sure this would be so cute on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I can do it, so can you :) Just wear really thick tights in the same color as the shorts. I think that is a way to feel more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was really nervous about it but I felt pretty good in it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So I somewhat took your advice. I wore a cute dress with tights.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohmigosh, ERIN! I love those sheer dotted tights with the shorts! Its perfect! I also never would have thought of putting a "grown-up" blouse with shorts. Maybe shorts just always make me feel more girlish, but this is great! Inspired, for sure. I always have a hard time transitioning into the new season, and think that this is a great way to do it for Fall. Yay! :)
    Allison

    ReplyDelete