Friday, February 4, 2011

Favorite Finds Friday and FBFF!

Time once again for my Favorite Find!

I for some reason have only 1 picture of this skirt but I love it! I found it at the thrift store and shortened it (perhaps a bit too much) but I just love the pattern. It goes with every color and is really fun to wear.

Winter 2010 047_edited-1

1. With all the blogging events out there how do you determine which ones to participate in and which ones to avoid? I participate in challenges and events that speak to me. Does that sound cheesy? I'm sure. However, if something seems like it would be a challenge for me like not shopping or if it is a worthy cause then I will do it. My blog doesn't get many visitors so it's fun for me to participate and feel like I'm part of the community at large.

2. Be honest, have you ever jumped on the bandwagon of some blogging movement/event for the wrong reasons? How did that turn out?
I personally haven't been blogging long enough to join things for the wrong reasons. I jumped on the bandwagon of the 30 for 30 because it seemed like it would be hard and challenging. It's just a bonus to me having lots of other people doing it at the same time. I get see how other people fufill the same challenge with their own items and it is a really great learning experience so far.

3. How do you give your own flair to a blog event while still maintaining the general mission and purpose? I am not really sure how to answer this one because I haven't really participated in many events. I did the Brenton stripes challenge and I put my own spin on it because it was items that I owned. Same with the 30 for 30 or any other challenge. It is my own flair because I'm doing it for myself with my own clothes. I'm not trying to copy anyone but I love getting inspiration from others.

4. When determining the best content for your blog what criterion do you keep in mind? Like I said before, I pick events that I feel are meaningful or challenging. Tomorrow I am doing the wear red for women event because I like feeling that I am bringing awareness to an important issue. My grandparents both had heart disease and I was diagnosed with high cholesterol a couple months ago. So, something like this is important to me and thus, I will participate.
5. While everything will not suit your blog, how do you try and support your fellow bloggers who are participating in something worthwhile but not your style? So far I haven't found something that wasn't my style. I haven't really been blogging long enough to pass on lots of stuff. I think if this issue arose, I would comment on blogs that were participating even if I wasn't. You don't have to commit to everything to be part of the community in my opinion. If you try do everything, you blog will be all events and not enough about you :)

These questions are written every week by the lovely Katy over at Modly Chic for Friend Friday. If you want more information or want to participate, go check out her site!

No comments:

Post a Comment