Monday, March 12, 2012

A Night at the Opera

Hi all! Isn't having a blog great? I got invited to attend the Minnesota Opera for a blogger preview of the new show, Lucia di Lammermoor.  I took my lovely friend and co-worker Danielle and it was so fun! I have never been to an opera before so I had no idea what to expect. I was really pleasantly surprised and floored by how amazing the female lead's voice was.

0850

You can see a video clip here if you don't believe me!

It was such a cool experience. We were invited to a dress rehearsal so it felt really special to be there when the theater was almost empty. Total behind the scenes peek!  I have quite a few pictures from around St. Paul by the Ordway.

opera1

opera2

opera3

opera4

opera5
opera6

I hope you enjoyed the pictures! Stay tuned for my outfit tomorrow!



3 comments:

  1. Awesome!  I love the Ordway, it's a fantastic theatre!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucia di Lammermoor is the first opera I ever saw as a kid, it made me fall in love with opera! You're so lucky you got to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salvaged StrawberryMarch 12, 2012 at 10:04 AM

    OK, you convinced me. I am going to go next time. :)

    Also, I tagged ya!

    http://salvagedstrawberry.wordpress.com/2012/03/12/about-me/

    ReplyDelete