Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Other Babes in Thriftland - Thrifted Shift

Hi all! Welcome to another addition of Other Babes in Thriftland. This has been so fun so far, I hope you all have enjoyed it too. Today we have Thrifted Shift! I have never met her IRL but I think based on her style and what she writes in her posts, we would get along well! She was the first person to send me an email about joining in on the fun!  She has a really cool thing on her blog where she calculates the cost per wear to show how much worth a specific piece in her wardrobe has. How great right?

I had a hard time picking some of my favorite outfits from her posts but here they are!


Thrifted items: T-shirt, jeans, cardigan and the boots are from Ebay! Love this look! Full post here.


Thrifted items: the dress! Full post here.




 She gave some great tips on why she wore this outfit while thrifting! Check out the full post hereFirst of all, no coat despite the rain- nothing extra to carry. Second, bag worn crossbody for maximum arm maneuvering and freedom to elbow (just kidding!) Third, non-bulky form fitting pants so removal is unnecessary for trying on dresses and skirts. Fourth, basic black tank underneath cardigan so removal is unnecessary for trying on tops (I'm not a germ-o-phobe, but I don't feel comfortable wearing used clothes until they've been washed in my home!) Finally, shoes that slip off easily. 


Go check her out over at Thrifted Shift! Remember, if you want to join in the fun, send me an email at babesinthriftland@gmail.com and send me a link to your blog, your favorite outfit and some tips/stories from thrifting.  Check back next week for 

5 comments:

  1. I recently found her blog and I love it!  One of these weeks I'll do one of these for you Erin, just haven't gotten around to emailing you yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you made my day! Thanks so much!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love following her blog!  I think the cost per wear thing is such a great idea!

    Jess
    http://www.fancypants514.blogspot.com/ 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great feature! I've just "discovered" T.S. and I love her thrifty ways and bright cheery style! 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Thanks for the good tips on advice for thrifting with ease. Tomorrow is my monthly thrifting day, so I will have to employ some strategy!

    ReplyDelete