Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Other Babes in Thriftland - Megan

Another Wednesday, another thrifty lady! Today we are joined by Megan of Feathers and Freckles. I found this lovely lady through Two Birds and I've been loving her blog and her style ever since.  A lot like Maggie, she really chooses pieces from the thrift store that mix so well with her other wardrobe that you can't tell which is which.  This to me is the sign of a great thrifter.  She is also very sweet and didn't think I was a big weirdo for emailing her to participate in my feature. I hope to meet her in person someday! Take it away, Megan!



I've been a thrifter since middle school, long before thrifting was ever cool. I can remember lying to my friends about where I bought something because I didn't want to admit it was used. I always worried someone would say, "Hey, I donated that exact shirt to Goodwill. With that exact same juice stain!"
Now that everyone has realized that buying unique clothes for dirt cheap is actually awesome, it becomes harder to find things. I go to my local thrift stores often (meaning, enough that they know my name), and I am not afraid to dig... or stalk the occasional hipster waiting for them to put something down.
I was able to put together this spring ensemble from a thrifted J. Crew dress and LOFT cardigan, and with a few accessories it quickly became one of my favorite go-to outfits.

See the original post here for more photos!

Isn't she so pretty?! Well, I hope you enjoyed Megan! Go check her out here and see more of her great style and mad thrifting skills. Remember, if you want to be a part of the fun, send me an email to babesinthriftland@gmail.com with your post, story/tips and blog.  Have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. I've read Megan's blog and I love it - plus she's super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU for asking me to participate :) And for the sweet intro. I would love to meet you as well! I always get jealous when I see photos from blogger meet-ups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore this entire outfit and Megan sounds too fun!!!!  Xo Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a GORGEOUS dress- Megan is truly a thrifting master!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. chillairandperfumeMarch 28, 2012 at 5:47 PM

    Megan's one of my favorites :)

    Great blog. I'm a big thrifter myself. Love finding kindred spirits!

    xo,
    Hannah
    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a huge admirer of Meg and I was so sorry when I found out yesterday that she will stop blogging :(

    ReplyDelete