Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Crash the Ball - My Outfit

I was running around before the event like a chicken with my head cut off. I always procrastinate on getting ready because my hair falls flat so fast. This time it was a little too late. :) I did get to the event on time so it all worked out. This is the reason why I don't have any outfit pictures other than the previous post and this one picture. I LOVED my outfit and I got a ton of compliments. Friends and total strangers came up to me to tell me how much they liked my dress. I can't wait to have another occasion to wear it.

I love shopping local and even more shopping vintage. It's so great to go into a store and have the people who work there care about helping you. The ladies at Via's Vintage were so nice. I spotted this dress right away and didn't really need any convincing that I liked it.  It didn't really fit in the shoulder though (curse my short torso) so I was somewhat on the fence about it.  They were really reassuring that it would be a simple fix and even suggested a tailor that they used a lot. Also, the dress was only $75 which I feel is really reasonable for a fancy vintage dress.  Once I had the dress picked out, I knew exactly where to head to get the accessories.  Rewind vintage always has great pieces so I headed over there.  I couldn't have done it without the help of the lady who was working there. I told her the color of the shoes I was going to wear and she helped me find the rest.  You can't really see the pieces I'm wearing so maybe I'll take a couple pictures of them and do a post on that.  My necklace is made up of small little flowers and my earrings are small purple studs. They match the color of the bow and ribbon trim quite nicely. The bag I bought is a pretty  sequined number with a metal chain. I'm not much of an accessories person so it was nice to have her help me pick things out and convince me that it wasn't too much. I'm so glad I got each piece and I"m sure I'll be wearing them again in the future.

6.16.12 105

Outfit Details:
Dress - Via's Vintage
Necklace, (earrings and purse that you can't see) - Rewind Vintage

Kate's dress is also from Via's Vintage

PS, the two stores I went to didn't sponsor me in any way. I'm just writing these reviews because I had a really good experience at both places and wanted to share.

4 comments:

  1. Seriously, that dress was made for you. And I love Kate's dress, too. You both look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Via's Vintage, I'll have to check that out! I do love Rewind though! I just went into Hill Valley for the first time this weekend too and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look GORGEOUS in that dress! I'm imagining that it makes the sweetest swooshing sound as you walked around in it. If my kids saw you in that dress, they'd for sure ask you to twirl for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an adorable dress! So unique! -Jessica

    THEJESSICALBLOG.COM

    ReplyDelete